Indigenous Geoscience Field Technicians (Central Queensland Office)
||Full Time - Permanent
||Australia - Queensland
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
|| | E. Australia Standard Time
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential.
With a global portfolio of businesses and commodities, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees are enabled to reach their full potential, where they feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the skills and abilities of our people are a key differentiator of our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the roles
As Field Technicians, Geoscience Operations, you play a meaningful role in the safe and efficient execution of exploration field activities across BHP Coal across QLD and NSW.
More specifically, you will:
- Support compliance to company Safety Health Management Systems;
- Proactively participate in program hazard awareness and risk management activities;
- Assist program planning, permitting and onboarding activities;
- Support the safe delivery of operational programs to schedule and budget;
- Undertake project closeout activities including, but not limited to drill hole collar cutting, collection of signage and fences, removal of waste materials;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, line management and program stakeholders;
- Willing to work across the Bowen Basin and Hunter Valley as required.
- You will have an overriding commitment to health, safety and the environment;
- You will be self-motivated and driven to succeed;
- You work well in a team, are a good communicator and have the ability to work autonomously;
- You enjoy work outdoors and are comfortable undertaking a range of activities in your day-to-day role;
- You have experience in the development and following of plans;
- It will be a role requirement that you have a current drivers licence;
- Experience in mining is not required.
Supporting a diverse workforce
At BHP, we recognise that we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and this position will only be open to Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander applicants. The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD).
Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our 2017 – 2020 Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). For more information about our RAP, please visit here.
These are full time positions. We are open to discussing flexible work arrangements that suit you - including varied roster arrangements, part-time or job share alternatives.
We know there are many aspects of our employees’ lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits also include a generous paid parental leave policy; other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
How to apply
Reference Number – 795402
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to the advertised close date.
Refer to a friend